Click here for the
- When was the Town Hall built?
- How many cemeteries are in Pittsford? What are their names and where are they located?
- Who were the former owners of Oak Hill Country
- When was the most recent Erie Canal break
in Pittsford? And where?
- Where can you find the word "Hylgarth" written
in the village?
- What was located at 19 Monroe Avenue before
- What are the names of the Town founders?
- When did the Town of Pittsford celebrate
- How many chimneys are on the Phoenix Building
(on South Main St., opposite Town Hall)?
- What was located at 24 State Street prior
to the Pittsford Community Library?
- What was the Hawley Farm (now Pittsford
Farm Dairy) noted for?
- What was the previous name of Thirsty's
- What was located at 21 No. Main Street prior
to the Village Hall?
- What kind of tree is depicted in the Town
of Pittsford logo?
- What was The Grange?
- In what year did the last class graduate
from Lincoln Avenue School?
- What village structure has housed a doctor's
office, attorney's office, library, nursery school,
florist, travel agency, bakery, and served as a private residence, since
its original construction?
- Where was the Pittsford trolley station
located until the line was discontinued in 1931?
- Where in the village can you find a horse
- The Phoenix Hotel was nearly gutted by fire
in what year?
- What village fixture did the Women's Christian
Temperance Union donate to the Town of Pittsford in the
- How did King's Bend Park get its name?
- What is currently located on the original
site of St. Louis Catholic Church?
- Where in Pittsford did a freight train and
passenger train collide on the night of Baccalaureate
June 23, 1907? (The collision resulted in 5 fatalities and 17 injuries.)
- What is Penn Street known by today?
- Thornell's Garage (circa 1920) sold cars
manufactured by ___________?
- Our community was known by three other names
prior to becoming Pittsford. What were they?
- When did the renovated Town Hall open?
- What street used to be called Johnny Cake
- What was the total Town budget in 1895?
($2,200 $3,200 $4,200 or $5,200)
- Pittsford, one of the oldest communities
in western New York, traces its early history to 1789
when Simon and Israel Stone purchased 13,296 acres for
b=87¢, c=$1.59, or d=$3.40 per acre.
- Simon and Israel Stone were (brothers, cousins,
father and son, unrelated).
- Originally named Northfield, the name Pittsford
was chosen in 1814 by ______________.
- Where in the town can you find the barn
that was built in 1842?
- What business was begun by partners Wadhams
- Where was the first spadeful of earth turned
to start excavation for the Erie canal?
- The original Erie Canal was _______ miles
- The original Erie Canal was _______ feet
- When construction began on the Erie canal,
who was governor of New York State?
- What is the number of the lock at Clover
- The Erie Canal connected what two points,
east and west (cities)?
- Construction of the canal began on July
4, 1817. How many years did it take to complete the project?
- What major construction hurdle presented
itself in Pittsford?
- A passenger boat on the Erie Canal was called
- How much did the original Erie Canal cost
New York State?
- How many men from Pittsford served in the
- What was the name of Pittsford's first subdivision?
- Where is the Marquis DeNonville historic
- Approximately how many residents does the
Town of Pittsford have?
- The historic marker commemorating the First
U.S. Patent issued was displayed in Pittsford.
Where was it located and why was it removed?